User Map not displaying correctly

If you need support and would like to ask your question in English please enter here
ukdude

User Map not displaying correctly

Post by ukdude »

Hi,

I have installed usermap but can only see the image below - I can't see the other tabs
Any idea what I have done wrong?

Thanks
xx.JPG
xx.JPG (35.51 KiB) Viewed 7846 times
Mike-on-Tour
Administrator

Re: User Map not displaying correctly

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

Hi,

you don't have any POIs or you don't have permission to view them. Same thing with the missing first search tab, either you are not on the map (you didn't give a valid combination of country and postal code) or you don't have the permission to view other members (which I doubt since you can see the map and the member search tab which means you have the permission to view the map always).
So please check your permissions or supply your country and postal code and insert at least one POI.
ukdude

Post by ukdude »

Thanks for your reply.

Yes - I don;t have the POI's on as yet.
I have downloaded the AllCountries.zip file from geonames.org and need to put them into my database.
ukdude

Post by ukdude »

Ok thanks - I have downloaded the AllCountries.zip file from geonames.org.

I'm stuck what do I do next?
Mike-on-Tour
Administrator

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

You don't need the AllCountries.zip file which will just blow up the size of your database. As mentioned in the help text within the ACP and in the README.md file you need an account with Geonames.org (please don't forget to activate at least the free service as mentioned in the ACP help text) and in addition (if you have members from countries where the Geonames service is limited as per the file accessible through the ACP help text) a Googles Maps API Key. User Map's internal table is just meant as a last resort in cases where neither Geonames nor Google supply coordinates for postal codes of a certain country (e.g. Israel).